Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Shinde:Slumdog Silky Soccer Star from Mumbai Heading Home

Galveston Pirate Soccer Club announced today that their young Indian player Pratik Shinde will be relea sed from the team effective immediately. 

The 16 year old has given his reason for leaving as being home sick with the young man missing his family and friends that still reside in his native Mumbai, India, some 9000 miles away.

Pratik said today:"I would like to thank Coach Keyes and his family for everything they have done for me. He is like a father to me and I can't thank him enough for this great opportunity."
"I do feel like I let him down somewhat but he understands how I feel and there is no problem between us.  I would also like to thank the Pirate players and fans for supporting me while I was here." he said.

Speaking of his time in Texas he said:"I have learned a lot going to school at Clear Brook and would like to thank the teachers and staff for their welcome and help whilst there. I have made a lot of new friends and now have memories for life."

"I am happy overall with what I have done and achieved, not everyone gets to go and play the game they love in America but I am looking forward to going home but will never forget the experience that Coach Keyes has given me here." said the youngster.

Brendan Keyes also spoke of Pratiks time here saying:"Pratik will always be welcome in my family, we love him and he is a part of us now. I have known Pratik now for over a year but it feels like much longer."
"I am very sad to see him go and did try talking him into staying but he has made his mind up and his reason is totally understandable considering he is only 16. I was a foreigner in this country once and I know how he feels, I have been here for 20 years and I still feel homesick sometimes." he added.

Talking about Pratik's reception back home he said:"I hope people understand and welcome him back with open arms in his country, it was a huge move for him and perhaps he was maybe just too young to make not just a move to a different country but a whole new continent and culture." 

Talking of soccer, Keyes said:"Pratik's record with the Pirate's has been very good with two goals from four games which is not bad for a young lad from Mumbai whose style of soccer was different to the more physical style that is sometimes employed by our opponents here."

The Galveston Pirate Soccer Club organisation would like to wish Pratik Shinde all the very best on his journey home come the weekend with Coach Keyes saying that he will visit Pratik and his family next year in Mumbai to set up a soccer camp for the kids in the area.

Pratik will continue to work for the Pirate's as Indian international liaison and public relations so all is not lost for the young man.

We should give him credit for following his dreams all the way from the slums of Mumbai to Friendswood TX and this is a great story and example of to others of what you hope to achieve if you follow your dreams.

Coach Keyes finished off by saying:"He is a remarkable young man and a great example to all young soccer players out in the world to never give up on the dream."

Pratik also wanted to add:"I will bring back my experiences to all the local players and hope to train young Indian players to be better. I did a week long coaching course whilst in America with Mar-key Sports Management last month so I will bring all of that knowledge back with me and hope to help improve others soccer abilities."

No one could deny that the young player made a huge move coming to America and of all the reasons for leaving, homesickness would probably not have came into the equation but for anyone that has ever suffered from it will tell you, there is nothing you can do but go home to cure it.

The Pirate family wishes the young man well and we are sure this will not be the last we hear from 'Shinde the Slumdog Silky Soccer Star from Mumbai'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Searching....